CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Time

I just realized that I live in a bubble.

No, really, I do.

I know jokes are made about grad students living at school and grad students having no concept of time but they are only funny because they are true. Since I have come to grad school, I have no sense of time. I have pulled more "all-nighters" then when I was in undergrad. And the crazy thing is I don't really call them "all-nighters". They are just work. (I hope you can follow me here) I remember the strain or the stress that these things would pose. I mean staying up ALL night...come on...and studying during that time? Crazy?! But now, that is in the past. Staying up all night to run an experiment because that is the only time available to use said instrument is not stressful but just pitiful. Or having to stay late (I am calling 3-4 am late) due to the fact that the instrument was throwing a hissy fit and wouldn't work during the day like any normal human being would. Also, this weekend business, what is that. I come in to work once or twice a weekend probably two of the four weekends in a given month. And these are not just rush in and change something on the stir plate visits (or at least the majority aren't), these are make up samples or run samples visits. I treat up-interrupted weekends as holidays. Oh and forget scheduled holidays. Which brings me to the fact that I just realized the Monday was a federal holiday and MU didn't have class. I bring this up because I was here and it was just another work day for me. Most of you are probably thinking well, duh, I had to work too. That isn't the point. I didn't even realize that I could've had the day off. I actually had to look at a calendar today to figure out what day it was and what date it was. Like I said time has no meaning to me. I just am.

I wonder what the 'real' world will be like?

I wonder if I will miss my bubble?

They say ignorance is bliss, hmm, well I guess one day I will find out.

1 comments:

Paige Ferg said...

Get this Jena....next year will be Time for our 10 year reunion....Time does fly. I'm scared....Are we really "that" old?