CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, November 13, 2008

First Post...

I don't know if this will work...me just rambling on whenever I think about it...but i am going to try. In fact this has been on my mind for a while. Again, we will see if this works.

As for today, it is jacob's birthday. He is 22. I don't know how come he keeps getting so old when i still remain 21. (or at least that is what it feels like) Today I also found out that a someone dear to me is no longer on this earth. He is someone that deserves to be remembered, so i thought i would share a memory with you.

Emery Hale was my bus driver. Yes, i know what you are thinking. My bus driver i had from the time i started to ride the bus to the moment Jess started driving. He was the best bus driver ever! We had a hour long drive on the return trip from school. We, my sibs and I, were the second to last stop. Man, that was the best time. Everyone else had already gotten off the bus and it was just us. In the fall, right after school started, when we would get on the dirt road, there would be a house or two on the way that had apple trees. Everyday, we would stop and Emery would go pick some apples and we would have a snack. Usually we would eat this snack while sitting on top of the seats of the school bus. This was a big no-no but he would just smile and say to us "no one is looking, i guess you can do it this once." That once turned out to be a few times. He was the most amazing man. Not just for these memories but for many others and for a few that can not be explained. Emery, i know wherever you are, I miss you and love you!

1 comments:

Kodi Logan said...

Hey. I'm not even sure how I got to your blog...wasn't even sure this was the Jena I was thinking of, but when I saw Emery Hale...I knew. Thanks for your comments about him. I just wanted you to know how he adored you and your siblings. In his last few weeks here, he talked about you all nonstop. Everytime I went to see him, he would show me the photo of you and Jess and tell me how wonderful you all were. Thanks for coming to see him and loving him. You all meant more to him than I think you will ever know!